Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How to Stay Fit When the Weather Turns Ugly.

As you may know, your mother is an "avid" (read: compulsive) runner. But what happens when the weather turns nasty outside and the gym is too far away to reach safely? You guessed it: Indoor Aerobic Dancing (IAD). See, your dad and I don't really have the space (or spare change) for a treadmill, but thanks to an innovative streak (and a fear of eventually finding myself in prison), I've drummed up a few moves to get a good cardio workout without any machines. I call this one the "high leg with an under-thigh slap."


But to keep things interesting (and to stay on-beat with the music), I've developed a variety of moves, including the "gentle twisty jump," the "nonchalant high knee," and the "triple axle with toe touch" (not pictured):

No comments:

Post a Comment