Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Best Investment We've Ever Made.


What began as an innocent question this weekend ("Do we have Scrabble, Wife?" asked your father) turned into the single wisest thing we have ever done as a married couple. Frankly, the only question that remains in my mind is how it took us so long to buy our own Scrabble game.



We whiled away most of Sunday 'round the board, which we set up in our freshly-swept back porch area (take that, helicopters).



In addition to granting us some much-needed time away from our screens, the game (as always) provided me with infinite hilarity as I rearranged my letters in my trough to form mildly profane expressions.



In fact, if "points" were given for this achievement rather than "making actual words in accordance with the board layout," I might have beaten your father once or twice.

(Also, one small word of complaint. I love Scrabble as much as the next word nerd, but I don't know if I'd characterize a game in which people can read entire paragraphs of their books between turns "edge of your seat" anything.)




No comments:

Post a Comment