Friday, May 18, 2012

Some Things I Find Beautiful & Strange.

I've been waiting for these images to fit neatly into the narrative arc of a blog post, but children, I just don't think it's going to happen. So I will present them to you here, simply as they are: beautiful and strange things that I come across in my everyday life.

First, I present you a perfectly freckled banana. It's rare to find a banana with such tiny, even freckles across its skin. Rarer still that your camera is handy at just the moment you notice the banana's loveliness.


Second, I offer the Mysteriously Crackled Ice. Frozen in a thin layer across the top of the ice cube tray, this ice covered a dozen chilly air pockets, and nothing else. No "cubes" here, my children. Only an icy crust easily penetrated by a human finger.


Finally, a plate monster. With soysage eyes and a giant kale mouth, this monster has something strange and happy to offer any diner who might come across it during the course of a meal.
All right. More later. I have no doubt in my mind that the world will continue being as strange and beautiful as ever, and when it does, I will blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment