Friday, June 15, 2012

Majestic Creatures and a Recycling Problem.

Children, if I've never mentioned to you how majestic I find the gray wolf, it's probably because I long ago mailed off the notecards featuring the gray wolf that the Sierra Club sent to me in a bid to get my attention and win my dollars.
















It didn't work.

You know why? Because all my attention was focused on the fact that we had somehow accumulated FIVE lids from laundry detergent bottles. Five. Not the bottles themselves, just the lids. Why were these colorful plastic pests littering our laundry area, you ask? Because Carbondale doesn't accept their particular flavor of plastic at the recycling facility we use.
 

So I've been hanging onto them like a chump, thinking one day either the system will change or I'll do the research necessary to recycle them. But no. I go about my lazy life and meanwhile one of nature's most majestic creatures is dwindling into near-extinction.


I feel like such a wolf-hating fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment