Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Your Father's Filing System.

While I must admit that I hope you children have not inherited my utter, shocking lack of tidiness, I equally hope that you do not inherit the filing system your father uses to organize his clothes. At first glance, it seems simple: dirty clothes go in the hamper. What could possibly be odd or confusing about that?

But a second glance reveals that, in order to earn a place in the "dirty clothes" hamper, these garments must first go through an elaborate descent into soiledness.

Slightly worn clothes are hung on the back of his closet door.

When they have acquired a bit more grime, they're moved to the hooks on the back of the bedroom door.

Beyond that, I'm not willing to investigate. Because there are only about three pieces of clothing in that hamper. And he hasn't used the washing machine in weeks.

Consider yourselves warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment