Thursday, July 12, 2012

Things I Wish I Understood.

Sometimes, there's an easy way to go about understanding the things we don't quite "get." For example, when someone like my cousin Marissa (who is your second cousin, once removed--it's a very ungainly relationship) wants to understand poverty, all she has to do is read a book about it.


 Or when your Auntie Danielle wants to understand about the Twitter, all she has to do is Internet it up on the Google.


But children, what I'd like to know is how can anyone possibly understand why my father easily gets a suntan that would make the cast of Jersey Shore jealous while I, your humble mother, remain roughly the color of all-purpose flour.

Sigh.

Bonus: easily understand DNA with this handy double-helix diagram! Each of the women on the stairs is a chromosome -- can you guess which one of us causes colorblindness? (Answer: none!)


Second bonus: look closely at the background, and you'll see a double-helix lamp, too! What a swirly, twirly world we inhabit!

No comments:

Post a Comment